Home decoration has become a necessity in the post-modern era lifestyle. An aesthetically pleasing house interior does create the first impression as well as it also reflects the creative mind of the house owner. In creating an impactful interior for house every minute details matter. While the bigger aspects are easier to deal with, tiny details can often slip our minds. Most would not pay close attention to their curtains. But a perfect set of curtains can transform your home. When you ensure that these window adornments fit your home perfectly, you will see the difference.
Tips to Choose the Perfect Curtains
Want to elevate the look of your home without much effort? Window furnishings will do the trick. But sometimes choosing the perfect curtain for your window may be challenging. There are a few things that you must keep in mind when you are purchasing window furnishings for your home. Have a look:
1. Pay Attention to the Type of Curtain: Draping for your window can be of several types. You can either purchase a read-made drape, or you can purchase custom drapes for your home. Ready-made curtains are perfect if you want a quick fix for your home. Usually, you will need to take measurements on your own to ensure that the drapes are of the correct height and width, but you can get guidance with this. Custom made drapes are designed specifically for your home and fit your requirements. You can customise these curtains as per the interior of your room.
2. Choose the Right Fabric and Colour: The fabric of your curtain plays a special role in creating an impactful home interior. The material used will dictate how the curtain falls, whether it is too heavy for crisp folds, or tool light to provide any adequate protection. Just like the fabric,colour of the curtain also plays a crucial role. When deciding on the colour, it is important to keep in mind that sunlight gradually fades your drapes. Hence, if your window receives long hours of direct sunlight, it is better to opt for a darker colour.
3. Curtain Heading: This refers to how your curtain is hung from the curtain rod. Curtain heading like eyelets or pleats, it can have a significant impact on the overall look of your curtains. Pleats can help make your curtain look neat and crisp, and there are several types of pleats that you can choose from. Large eyelets are also pleasing and make moving your curtain easier and smother.
4. Dry Clean or Washing Machine Friendly: When purchasing your drapes, pay attention to the washing directions. Machine-friendly drapes are usually easy to clean and you can clean it by yourself. On the other hand there are ornate drapes, which are to be dry cleaned only. To ensure that the elegant appearance of your home is preserved, it is crucial that you maintain your drapes by cleaning them regularly. Depending on your reference, the range of material and styles available to you will also change. Ensure that you opt for curtains that fit your preferred cleaning method.
5. Seek for Consultation: With the help of in-house or online consultation, you can have a professional take a look at your home. They can guide you towards the best decision when it comes to selecting your drapes. They will be able to help you pick out the perfect style, colour, and material so that it matches the overall aesthetics of your home. Professional helps you to weave every aspect of your home together, enabling you to give your home a coherent look.
To ensure that every aspect of your home is up to your standards, you will need to take the time to pay attention to the little details. With the help of a professional, you will be able to give your home the required look.
By Zoe Sewell